Wednesday, March 1, 2017

Candles of joy, hope, courage, peace, grace and love

It's always nice to reminisce about Christmas, right? And since I have months of photos sitting in my camera just waiting to be shared with the world, we're going back today :)

Christmas Eve at Newberg Friends is really, really special. I love the music and fellowship and candles and tradition. And being in the handbell choir, I get to enjoy it three times each year!

This poem was especially poignant with all the unrest this year:
I will light candles this Christmas,
Candles of joy despite all sadness,
Candles of hope where despair keeps watch,
Candles of courage for fears ever present,
Candles of peace for tempest-tossed days,
Candles of grace to ease heavy burdens,
Candles of love to inspire all my living,
Candles that will burn all year long.
                   (Candles for Christmas, Howard Thurman)
Each service ends with Silent Night by candlelight. So wonderful.
Eryn and I remembered to go outside to see the luminaries!
Christmas morning at Mom and Dad's house:
Virtual reality at Ma and Pa's:
The family:
The Pa:
Christmas evening at the Wood's house in Vancouver:
Gifts in front of the fire:
As spring is starting to bud, it's fun to look back at our wonderful holiday season. My favorite :)

1 comment:

  1. Thanks Liz, for sharing the NFC candlelight pics, since l love that evening as well and had to miss this year (in fact l have had to miss about everything the past 6 months).Marcile

    ReplyDelete