Tuesday, August 2, 2016

Nos. 27, 28, 29

My latest summer reads:

No. 27 - The Maze Runner by James Dashner is popular with students at my school. My friend, Bill, sent it to me with a note inside that said he didn't really like it. Hmmm.... Well, I finally opened it and discovered that it's sci-fi! See, I don't read the jackets - I just start reading and hope that it's a good book. ( I do the same with DVDs, and it drives Brad nuts) I was a bit bummed when I realized, but I was committed.
But after I got into it, the mystery got me. And now I need to read the sequel :)

No. 28 was The Great Boyfriend Disaster by Cindy Savage: 
Oh, this was so 1980 - and awesome! I mostly selected it because of the cover :)

No. 29 was Shelley Singer's Following Jane: 
A history teacher becomes a private investigator to help solve the murder of a fellow teacher and the disappearance of a student. Fairly formula amateur sleuth story, but still an enjoyable mystery.

:)  

No comments:

Post a Comment