Friday, March 11, 2016

Nail-biting basketball, hiking, bells and cards

I know it's already the next Friday, but here are some highlights from last weekend that I'm just getting around the posting. Ever have one of those weeks? Too much going on!

My weekend kicked off with a nail-biter of a THS girls' basketball game. Tigard faced Central Catholic at home in the playoffs, and we were on the edge of our seats! It came down to the final seconds, but they pulled it off.
Final: 39 to 36. TIGARD WINS!
The girls played again Wednesday night and creamed Sheldon in the quarterfinals! Up tonight: Canby in the semifinals. GO TIGARD!

Saturday was an early wake-up call for our BCEP hike on Dog Mountain. I really wanted to stay in bed, but it ended up being a great day :)
Sunday was an even-earlier wake up - handbell morning!

We shared the morning's musical duties with a brass ensemble. I loved the instrument combo and especially enjoyed listening during rehearsal to trombonist Tyler. Beautiful! 
Since it's March, I had to wear my St. Paddy's socks:
After a nap and some chores, my family came over in the evening for pizza and cards while Brad worked on the taxes. A weekend packed with goodness :)

No comments:

Post a Comment