Monday, November 17, 2014

Night of the Livin' Blues

I go to a lot of THS band programs, partly to support my students, partly to support my mom and partly because I like to listen to music. But this annual event was a first for me: Night of the Livin' Blues... an evening of hot jazz and cool blues.
The cafeteria is transformed into a nightclub for this guitar-and-jazz feature. The groups alternated between the guitar stage and the jazz stage:
Mom purchased a table for the family, and we had great seats!

This was really top-notch entertainment, especially the guitar ensembles. Thanks to Mr. Jerry King, we have an exceptional guitar program at THS. He's retiring this year, and I hope the program continues.

The evening, which is a fund raiser, included yummy desserts and drinks and raffle tickets for purchase.
I didn't win, but Mom did! She was MCing and kept pushing the raffle, telling the crowd that her seven tickets for $10 were all going in the Seahawks basket. She gave ME her tickets so it wouldn't look bad if she won... while calling her own number. WELL... she read off the numbers and it was one of her tickets!!! I claimed it so no one knew :)  HA!

This was a fabulous evening of dessert and music! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment