Monday, September 8, 2014

Color Run (9/6/14)

It was all about girl power Saturday at the Color Run!

Lynn asked way back when if we wanted to do the Color Run with her in September. Run around and get squirted with colors? DUH! Let's do it :)

Because I get off work first, I was elected to drive to packet pickup, which, for some stupid, stupid reason, was from 11 a.m. to 6 p.m. at the Jantzen Beach Sports Authority. So even though I left before 3 p.m., I sat in traffic for over an hour to drive the 18 miles north. Then I got to sit in traffic all over again on the way home. I can't think of a worse place to have it
 
But once I got there, everything was very efficient, and I was in and out in just a few minutes.
The race started at 9 a.m. at Portland International Raceway, but with traffic and parking and possible walking from parking, we wanted to get there nice and early. Mom and Eryn had plenty of time to sunscreen up before we headed over the bridge and into the middle of the track.
Ready!
Lynn was waiting for us on the other side.
We joined the Zumba party, grabbed free shower puffy things and hung out waiting for the start.
Finally, the Runicorn led a conga line to the start, and we waited for our wave to get the go ahead:
More time for pics!
Eryn and I stuck together (it's way more fun with friends!), running (with a little walking), the 5K course around the track, behind the track, and through the color stations. Then we hung out in the shade of a sign until Mom and Lynn came through the finish. All colored up!
We also went to the dance party to do the group color toss at the end. Very fun - and MORE COLOR! (Do you like how my pinky is sticking up in the shadow?!)
People with industrial leaf blowers helped get off the excess powder before we got in our cars. (Though I think they did a way better job of that the first time we did this race)

It's a very silly event that aims at just having fun while getting a little exercise. And fun, we had!!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment