Tuesday, September 2, 2014

Back-to-school run

Despite an overwhelming desire to stay curled up in my warm bed this morning, I managed to get up and at 'em before dawn for a run.
I left the house just after 6 a.m., when temps were low and the sky was just starting to brighten. A layer of low clouds kept the sun hidden a little longer - perfect.

When I finished just about 7 a.m.:
It was Week 2, Day 1 of my "new" running program: run 2 minutes, walk 2 minutes - 11 times. With a warmup and cool down, I managed 4.5 miles:
Man, oh man! It feels so great to be running again :)

My heal hurt a bit not not tons. I consider that a win!


PS - I'm starting to think my Achilles tendonitis might really be a bone spur. I am really excited for my upcoming podiatrist appointment so I can get a proper diagnosis :)

No comments:

Post a Comment