Saturday, April 19, 2014

2 miles

My acupuncturist asked if I was going to run this week. I told her I'd do whatever she told me to do. I was thrilled when she suggested I try a mile or 2 later in the week!!

So Friday morning I laced up my shoes and jumped on the treadmill. 

I started by walking .25 miles. Then I sped up to a slow run. Everything felt OK, so I hit the "faster" button at the quarter mile. And again. And again. 

I still felt good after 1 mile running, so I kept going. I sped up at each quarter mile and ran a total of 2 before walking another .25 mile.

I was huffing and puffing and sooo sweaty. Out of shape! But it felt so great. Then I celebrated by icing and taking advil :) 

 The tendon still feels good, so I plan to try again before church Sunday!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment