Monday, January 27, 2014

Nos. 10 & 11

For Christmas a few years ago, Ma and Pa gave me Heart of the Trail: The Stories of Eight Wagon Train Women. Prompted by my enjoyment of the true story of life on a ranch, I decided to read this one. (I don't usually read non-fiction)
The short stories really showed the varying experiences that families had on the trail. They also highlighted the role women took in the travel.

No. 10 was a good read - and took me back to my elementary school years playing the Oregon Trail game, kneading my own bread and sewing my own pillowcase. :)

We headed to the beach this weekend for a little R&R. Brad said he wanted to laze around and read, so I snagged a teen book from the THS library.

Lucas, by Kevin Brooks, was a strange tale of a teenager living on a small island in England. It's summer break, and she gets caught up with some unsavory people. And there's a boy. There's always a boy.
I read all 400+ pages in two days - while lazing at the coast. It was a good weekend :)

No comments:

Post a Comment