Thursday, December 19, 2013

Nos. 50 & 51

I picked up this beauty at last spring's women's retreat. The author, Lisa McMinn, was one of our speakers, and her sessions really resonated with me. So when I saw a table of her books in the back of the meeting room, I snatched up all of them... except "Growing Strong Daughters" - for obvious reasons ;)

Dirt and the Good Life is a series of short stories by Lisa and her husband, Mark, about life on their small farm in Newberg. I loved the stories of their farm and life. And the little "life lessons" were helpful and thought-provoking.
 
I also think Lisa and I would be good friends :)

Anyone want to borrow it? :)

I've read most of the THS Christmas books, so I picked up a couple from the Tigard Library.

Ex-Mas by Kate Brian is a teen love/adventure story. Very simple but cute.
I started it Wednesday on my lunch break and finished it Wednesday evening sitting next to my Christmas tree and a roaring fire :)

Just one more to go...

No comments:

Post a Comment