Tuesday, November 12, 2013

Rain or shine

We knew it was bound to happen eventually: a wet morning run.

It sounded like it was pouring when my just-before-5 a.m. alarm sounded. But Sarah was soon on her way, so I crawled out of bed and prepared for a wet workout.
It actually wasn't that bad. It was warm, and the rain turned to drizzle and then was mostly over by the time we finished. And it was getting light. Foggy but light:
We finished 3.36 miles at a quick (for me) pace. It felt good at first, but when we hit about 2.5 miles, I was hurting. Sucking wind and feeling the burn :) Fortunately, while my running buddies are really fast, they are also really kind and don't judge me for needing to slow it down a skosh. I need to keeping reminding myself of that and not feel pressured to keep up.

I zoomed ahead of Sarah on the final hill and I thought I was SuperWoman... Turns out she has an ankle injury and had to pull back. Oh well - I'll take it ;)

Sounds like cousin-in-law Kenny will be joining us next week!

Anyone else up for a 6 a.m. run on Tuesdays?? Rain or shine, we're doing it! (Actually, there won't be any "shine" for a couple months...)
:)

No comments:

Post a Comment