Saturday, October 19, 2013

Pink out

You know how kids are allowed/expected to wear unconventional things? Clothes that make them happy. Clothes at that fun. My personal favorite is girls with striped tights.

You know how, at some sad point in our lives, we're suddenly expected to "dress like an adult" and wear boring, conventional clothes?

One awesome thing about working in a high school is that it's acceptable (encouraged, even!) to dress crazy sometimes. Friday was one of those fun days.

For Breast Cancer Awareness Month, the student body does a "pink out" dress-up day at school and at the evening's football game. Many students go all out, wearing head-to-toe pink. I love that I'm totally allowed to participate!

Eryn and I matched!
Last year's pink out game:
As I write this, a male student is sitting in front of me wearing pink tights and women's pink Nike Tempo running shorts. In the morning, I saw a guy sporting a hot-pink boa and a girl in pink PJs.

I loved dress-up days as a high schooler, and I still love the chance to be creative :)

Bonus - full moon rising over the football stadium at the football game (I wish you could tell how orange it was!): 

No comments:

Post a Comment