Tuesday, October 29, 2013

Brrr!

It's a good thing I had a morning run date with Sarah, because I don't think I could have gotten myself out of bed otherwise!

In P-town, last night was the coldest overnight low since April - below freezing in some places. And DARK!

Brad managed to drag his butt out of bed and join us this time. And he hardly complained at all ;)
We did 3.28 sub-9 miles through the lit neighborhoods. I bundled up but not too much, knowing I would warm when we got going. I ended up being just about perfect.

After a cool down and a quick shower (Not quite quick enough... Brad ran out of hot water. Oops!!), I hopped on my bike for the chilly ride to work. Beautiful sunrise over the frosty grass. Made me happy to be alive :)
I laughed last night when I was laying out three outfits for this morning: running, biking, working. Seemed silly. But all that organization is what makes it possible to workout in the morning and pedal to school.

I also laughed on my ride in as I passed driver after driver scraping their windshields. No need to scrape Sherm :)

Knowing I had limited workout time yesterday, I got up early for a run then, too. But I was solo, so I opted for the not-pitch-black (and a bit warmer) garage.
Finished Uncle Buck on VHS and logged 3.25 miles with a cool down.
Tomorrow, I think I sleep in a bit :)

No comments:

Post a Comment