Sunday, September 8, 2013

Peak mileage

What did you do with your Saturday morning? I ran 20 miles! I still think that's just crazy!

Yesterday, I got up about 5 a.m. to do my long, long run - the longest I'll do before my race in a couple weeks.
I kept a very steady pace as I ran my favorite long loop... twice, finishing 20.05 miles in 3:38 - a 10:54 average.
I am thrilled with my performance! Brad was supposed to finish his 10 miler and then come find me on his bike. We never found each other, so I did this all by myself! I stayed strong and kept negative thoughts out of my head. I also feel like I fueled well and have a good plan for my race.

This was a good run.

After an awesome cold bath, we refueled with Native Foods Cafe. YUM!
Brad ended up with a big workout, too - a 10-mile run and then about 20 fast miles on his bike trying to track me down! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment