Friday, August 2, 2013

Treadmill stupidity

I wanted to know if I could do it... so I did it!

After training for months and months and months for my marathons, I don't want to lose my fitness level. Starting over would be a major bummer. 

So I decided to throw in a long run every month. Brad was off climbing a mountain, so I figured I would do it Thursday morning. For some reason, I thought it would be fun to run on the treadmill.
I finished Cliffhanger (Thanks, Bill - that's a great one!) and then re-watched Traffic from my VHS collection:
I hit my goal of 18, and then after walking for a few minutes, I decided to just finish it off and do 20! 

I took a short walk/water/gel break after each 3 miles - much like I would during a race. When you break it down like that, it's not too horrible :) (I accidentally hit the emergency cord after my first 3 miles:)
Twenty was surprisingly easy. I kept the pace slow, just like any other long training run. My feet and right IT band hurt some by the end, but that's no surprise. 

And then this happened:
:)

1 comment: