Friday, July 12, 2013

Look what I found in my garden!

I was standing in front of the window Wednesday when I saw movement in the plants. 

We've had lots of things in the garden: cats, raccoons, opossums, birds, squirrels, snakes, salamanders, rabbits, lizards, neighbor dogs, neighbor kids. I looked to see what was digging around and spotted this cute little guy:
A tiny baby skunk! He was SO cute!
I watched him walk along the fence, sniffing the whole way.
Then he hobbled along the retaining wall and right under the deck!
For quite a while, we've seen evidence of something digging around and living under our deck. We assumed opossum. I guess we now know :)

We often wake in the middle of the night with the smell of skunk wafting through the bedroom window. So we knew some lived nearby - we just didn't know how close they were.

So what do we do about skunks under the deck?? I think we'll just let them be and hope we don't have any run ins. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment