Monday, June 17, 2013

So, I ran another marathon...

Seven weeks ago, I had one of the most disappointing moments of my life when I didn't live up to my own expectations at the Eugene Marathon. But I knew I could do better, and I wanted to prove it to myself.

With Brad's encouragement, and after a couple strong post-marathon runs (Hippie Chick Half), I signed up for the Vancouver USA Marathon. I planned to keep it on the DL to avoid all the outside pressure that impacted me so much at Eugene.

Prepping for this race was totally different. I was relaxed and had only one goal: to have fun! Any PR would be a bonus. I didn't over think it. I just went out for a run.

We also changed my race strategy. I decided to stick closer to a 10:30-11:00 pace so I could finish stronger.

We agreed that if I bombed again, we would never speak of it again :)

Short version: I nailed it!

I had a blast - and a huge PR!

I'll post pics and a race recap soon :)

No comments:

Post a Comment