Saturday, April 20, 2013

Twality 5K Water Run

My last long run before the big one. WOOHOO!

Training called for just 8 miles today.

I signed up at the last minute for the Twality 5K Water Run, which raised money to buy a pump for a well in an African village. While I definitely support the middle schoolers and the project, my real motivation was checking off race No. 49 so that my marathon will be my 50th race! (My races)

So I left about 6:30 a.m. and ran 4+ miles before ending up at the start line in Cook Park:
Mom and Eryn joined me on the 5K course around the park and neighborhood.
I ran my first 4+ miles easy and then sped up for the 5K. It felt good to move a bit more than I have been lately. And I picked off a couple other runners at the end - always fun :) (Though I have to admit that a girl maybe 9 years old blew past me with about .5 miles to go. Talk about a kick!)

At the end, I was about .75 miles short of my goal for the day so I ran back along the course and jogged with Mom to the finish line.

I'll do just a couple short runs this week... and try not to throw up every time I think about my marathon ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment