Friday, April 19, 2013

Soggy daddy-daughter run

Dad joined me this morning on an early, soggy run!

I took advantage of Dad's runner's high after Wednesday's solidarity run in Portland and invited him to go with me this morning. Surprisingly, he said yes!

It was pouring when my alarm went off at 5 a.m., and I probably would have bagged it if I didn't know Dad was getting up, too. But I dragged myself up and at 'em and got all ready to go.

I texted Dad when I left the house at 6 a.m. and told him to meet me in 10 minutes outside his house. It was dry when I walked out, but by the time I reached the top of my hill, the rain was starting.
I rounded the corner after about a mile and saw my dad run onto the street in front of me. I caught up, and we ran together through the rain. It was really fun!!!

He peeled off after about 1.5 miles, and I sped up and headed home, finishing 4.16 miles at an 11:09 average.
I was soaked but feeling great!

I haven't run in the rain in a while, opting to hit the 'mill instead. It was a nice change of pace and a great way to start my Friday :)

Thanks, Dad! Nice job :)

No comments:

Post a Comment