Sunday, April 14, 2013

Camellia Festival Fun Run

Another weekend, another race... or two!
Theresa e-mailed Wednesday asking if I wanted to join her at the last minute for Newberg's Camellia Festival 5K Fun Run. I only had a Sunday race scheduled for this weekend, so I eagerly agreed!
We met up at the Chehalem Cultural Center.
It was supposed to be rainy. That looks like sun to me:
Haven's first 5K!
Brad played paparazzi:
Let's do this!
 Firefighters were setting up for a burn-and-learn exercise on the course.
The course was a big loop, so Brad cut across and saw us again on the other side:
Almost done and still going strong:
It was also Theresa's first 5K! We kept the pace nice and comfortable, but as we approached the finish, Theresa kicked and tried to pull away from me :)
WOOHOO!! Finished with an 11:08 average. Nice job!
Even though we registered late, we still snagged T-shirts!
Hello Kitty was there!
And all the runners got a small camellia to plant at home. 

What a fun community race! I'm so glad Theresa asked me to run with her. Next year, we're doing the 10K :) :)

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing Liz! It was a great way to spend my Saturday and I'm SO looking forward to our next fun run :)

    -Theresa

    ReplyDelete
  2. YAY! You name the time and place and I'm there :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for sharing these lovely picture with Haven and Theresa. Haven looks all tired out from the big run:)Incase you are wondering...I am one of Haven's Grandmothers and so happy to see these pictures!

    ReplyDelete