Friday, April 5, 2013

20 miles, done!

Um, I just ran 20 miles.

I cannot tell you how crazy that sounds to me. Seriously. Insane!

I had a doctor appointment this morning and then squeezed in my run before catching my late-evening flight to San Francisco to see some Giants baseball.

Before - nervous but ready:
Brad went with me to the Banks-Vernonia trail. He rode his bike alongside and helped with water, fueling and distraction. Having a chatting partner helped the time go a bit faster. And because the forecast called for rain all day, he had lots of dry clothing options to help me survive the deluge. Fortunately, that precip never arrived.

DONE!
It was a solid run at a good pace. I felt really good until the last couple miles and then gritted my teeth and got it done!
20.03 miles in 3:32 - a 10:35 average.
I am SO pleased with that!
Downloaded a really great song for my iPod that shuffled on at just the right time. Lyrics: Feet, don't fail me now. Listened to that one a couple times in a row, breathlessly singing along to the chorus :)
My faithful assistant:
Thanks, Babe! It would have been hard to do it without you :)

Ice bath, just like I promised Dr. Dan!
With a side of cheese and crackers:
That was hard, but I am so proud of myself. I think I can actually do this :)

No comments:

Post a Comment