Saturday, March 16, 2013

No. 16

As with movie rentals, I prefer to just dig in to a book without really knowing what it's about. I don't read the back cover, and I certainly never skip to the end. I just open and start reading.

I grabbed Shiver by Maggie Stiefvater from the THS Valentine's display because the cover looked really cool - and the inside type is blue like the cover. It looked a bit mysterious. And I definitely didn't notice the wolf on the front.

After a short time, I realized this book is about werewolves. More specifically, a teenage girl in love with a wolf. That wolf is also in love with her! 

WHOA!

Not my usual read, but the story was sorta captivating, so I decided to keep reading. By the end, I couldn't put it down. I finished the last page and now can't wait to go to work Monday and check out the next one in the series!

Sometimes my blind picking turns out good. Here's to broadening my horizons :)

No comments:

Post a Comment