Wednesday, February 6, 2013

ZoomCare = awesome!

I've heard great things about ZoomCare. But it wasn't until last week that I experienced the magnificence for myself.
I was out on my long run Friday when I first wondered if I had a UTI. If you've had them, you understand. I got home, and it was obvious: I had an infection. (Sorry for the TMI)

I had this dreadful feeling that I would spend my Friday night in urgent care and then at Walgreens. Just to see, I jumped online and checked out ZoomCare. It was 5:30 p.m., and the one nearest my house was about to close. The Lake Oswego location was open later, and they had an appointment available at 6 p.m

I clicked and set up an account, put in my insurance info and was out the door about 5:45 p.m.

Once at ZoomCare, I was whisked into the bathroom to provide a sample and then met in the hallway and ushered into the exam room where the PA was already waiting.

We talked briefly, she checked my vitals, the lab results popped up on her computer and she confirmed my suspicions, prescribed an antibiotic and walked me to the front. They dispense right from the office, so I plopped down my credit card and walked out with my prescription.

I was back in my car and on my way home by 6:20 p.m.

AMAZING!!!!

At 4:30 p.m. I didn't even know there was something wrong with me. By 6:30 p.m. I was home with antibiotics. WOW.

I don't know if I'd go there for something serious, but for a simple issue, it was awesome :)

No comments:

Post a Comment