Thursday, February 21, 2013

Sleepy run

In my ongoing quest to solve my tummy woes, my doctor put me on a new prescription yesterday. He warned that it could make me sleepy so I should take it at bedtime. The pharmacist then suggested that I not plan any big presentations at work the next morning until I saw how my body reacted. WOOHOO!

Having no plans for the evening besides watching Modern Family, I took my first dose at 8 p.m. and then crawled into bed. I eventually drifted off to sleep, but when my alarm went off at 5 a.m. for my morning run, there was NO WAY I was getting out of bed. Good thing it was just a run and not a presentation ;)

I eventually got up and was 45 minutes late to work. I was SO sleepy. I felt like I'd stayed up all night - you know, that kinda hungover feeling. I was groggy and grouchy. And patience is really necessary in my job. Oops.

I finally starting feeling normal around 1:30 p.m. Holy crap! I sure hope my body adjusts to that, or I won't be staying on those pills regardless of how my tummy feels!
ANYWAY... finally awake, I hit the treadmill after work for a short run with a 1-minute walk in the middle. 3.6 miles:
Now I must make dinner and take another pill. I'm part of a group putting on a staff breakfast at work tomorrow, so I have to get up no matter what. This could be interesting ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment