Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Recovery run in my new kicks

After nailing Saturday's half marathon, I woke Sunday with some sore muscles. Surprising, I know!

In the evening, I convinced Brad to head outside with me for just a short shakeout run. But first, I had to get out my new kicks!

I put just over 400 miles on my black shoes. I don't usually like to go that far, but I didn't want to switch to new shoes right before my race. So I held out and switched right after. Plus, I needed new custom insoles as mine were looking pretty tired.
Dad and I went to Roadrunner Sports Friday night to get me new insoles and get him fitted for running shoes. A couple hours later, we walked out with just what we needed.

Testing two different brands:
Dad ended up with the black-and-blue ones. VERY cool!
I've been finding shoes on sale online and stashing them in the back of my closet. Time for the green ones - for the Shamrock run!
OK - all ready!
Just 2 slow recovery miles:
Monday, I went to spin class but kept it really easy and stopped a couple songs short when my knee started protesting a bit. No reason to push it.

:)

No comments:

Post a Comment