Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Mac and No Cheese

Because my No-TV Tuesday plans changed at the last minute, I didn't have time to prepare the meal I'd planned.

Good thing there was this quick, easy, allergen-free entree in the freezer!
 
We stopped last week at the Newberg Grocery Outlet and spotted Ian's Mac and No Cheese in the frozen section. It's free of dairy and soy (yes, now my doctor has added soy to my list of no-nos), and for just $1.50ish, I thought it was worth a try.

Brad made up a box of regular mac and cheese on the stove while I popped Ian's in the microwave. I had very low expectations. 

We both thought it smelled like chicken soup, which isn't a bad thing.

I gave it a stir and took a bite. It was good! Mind you, it didn't really taste like macaroni and cheese, but it tasted good. It was salty and nicely seasoned - nothing strange in there.

If you or someone you know has food allergies, check out Ian's foods. In Oregon, Ian's products are sold at Albertsons, Fred Meyer, QFC, Whole Foods and Food 4 Less, according to the Web site.

:)

No comments:

Post a Comment