Wednesday, October 24, 2012

No excuses

Oregon runners are tough. If it's cold, wet and nasty, we still get out there and get it done.

Still, it's tempting to slack or rearrange workouts when it's particularly yucky. Or dark. Or whatever.

Well... no more excuses for me and Brad.

After years of weighing the pros and cons, we finally took the plunge and bought a treadmill off Craigslist. A big thanks to Dad for loaning the truck and the muscle to help us move it from Sellwood!
It was barely used, and we got a good deal. I think the family just wanted it gone :)

We moved stuff around to make room, and it fits perfectly. (Man, we made a great decision when we bought a house with a three-car garage!)

Since I raced Sunday, I needed just a short shakeout Monday. And because it was acting like winter out there, I decided to bring my run indoors and try out the treadmill.
I tried putting my tablet on the tool box in front but couldn't hear the movie so I switched to music. I'll have to work on that system.
I ended up running 2.14 miles at a slow pace before throwing down dinner and heading to rehearsal.
Just what I needed :)

Tuesday, my planned stadiums got postponed because I forgot my iPod. Can't run stairs without music. Then I dropped off the car at the shop. Then we went to dinner with Grandpa and the fam.

How about another indoor workout? WOOHOO!
I hopped on the elliptical for 20 minutes while Brad walked on the treadmill in his Five Fingers.

We'd hooked up the old garage TV and VCR so we could watch a teeny-bopper movie while we sweated :)

Won't have time after work today, so I jumped on the treadmill again this morning for 3 miles. Another 30 minutes of the teeny-bopper movie! I have to keep working out so I can see if the boy ends up with the girl ;)

Loving this!

No comments:

Post a Comment