Saturday, September 8, 2012

Too late

I stayed up way too late last night. 

I normally go to bed around 9 p.m., maybe 10 p.m. on the weekends. But last night's THS football game had me all revved up, and I ended up staying up until midnight. Too late.

When my alarm sounded at 6 a.m. for an early run, there was no way I was getting up. I rolled over and slept until 9 a.m. - totally unheard of these days.

It was already sunny and hot - too late for a comfortable run. But I needed to get out, so I sucked it up and went for it.
I allowed myself a short walk at 4 miles and again at 5 miles. I finished 6.11 miles in 58:47 - a 9:37 average:
That is just fine with me!

With my race next weekend (so excited!), I wanted to get in some miles but not push too hard.

Now for some chores :)

No comments:

Post a Comment