Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Streaky pre-dawn run

It was hard, but we pulled our butts out of bed before dawn this morning for a nice shakeout run before work.

A tiny moon sliver showed as we started out at 6 a.m.:
Light quickly filled the sky... just enough to get these cool, streaky pictures:
We got a great view of the sun rising behind Mount Hood as we ran down Durham Road. Too bad it didn't show up:
My nostrils get really big when I run :)
It was chilly (haven't worn sleeves in a long time!)
We did an easy 3.32 miles in 32:42 - a 9:51 average:
 It was light but still pre-dawn even when we returned home.
When my alarm went off at 5 a.m., I wanted so badly to curl up in my warm covers and sleep for another hour. I'm so glad I fought the temptation and got outside. It was just what I needed :)

No comments:

Post a Comment