Friday, September 28, 2012

Nice job!

I headed out in the crazy heat after work for a few miles.

I was already in a good mood because two of my awesome (and now favorite!) CE2 students had just told me they thought I was 22. Marco said his mind was blown when I told him I was 36. Love these guys!

(I graduated from high school in 1994. Lucas was born in 1995!)
Hot and sunny out there! 
I rarely run through the park by myself - safety first! But I decided to head to Tualatin since I'd already run the other direction twice this week.

My pace started really fast, and I tried sticking with it, promising myself I would take a walk/water break after 2 miles. Then I ran another 3 miles with a couple water breaks (a bonus when exercising in the park!).

I ended up at 5 miles in 48:52 - including a couple walks and water stops. Not bad!
I finished up right outside CE2, passing a THS cross-country runner. I walked a bit to cool off, passing him again. He said, "Nice job!" as I went by - made me smile! I love it when runners support each other and share the love :)

Some days the studnets make you want to pull out your hair. And other times you just want to take them home with you :) Today was a good day!

No comments:

Post a Comment