Monday, September 10, 2012

Double dipping

I got a double dose of churchin' yesterday.

We had unprogrammed music - as in, people shouted out the songs they wanted to sing. We intentionally mixed old hymns and newer tunes. And we sang more than normal. It was so fun!
With Brad gone climbing and no big plans for the day, I decided to stick around for second service. It was neat to see how the different groups reacted and picked.
I hope we do that again!

Then I got down to the business of the day and took the back roads south for some shopping at the Woodburn outlet mall.
Christmas trees!
I came away with just what I wanted: new shorts and an Adidas tank top for running - on sale!
I picked up Eryn and we hit Value Village for some throw-away clothes for our race. (If it's cold, you wear something "disposable" to the start line and then toss it just before the race. Then officials scoop it all up and send it to a local shelter.)

Eryn spotted a bathrobe that looked promising. Then we saw a second one just like it in a different color. Then ANOTHER one!

We laughed so hard that we almost peed our pants! And then we decided the robes, that make us look like cult members, were perfect! Now Brad and Dad have to fight over the third one.
Can't wait for those race pictures!!

The sun never came out, so I decided that called for football, a fire and dehydrating the prunes I just picked at Ma and Pa's house.
I know summer's coming back soon, but the short respite has been lovely :)

2 comments:

  1. I stayed around for a second dose too. Since I add up the attendance in the church office, I noted a substantial increase this week. Maybe others did the same thing we did! My only disappointment was that in neither service did anyone pick the song I wanted to sing. I guess we'll have to do "unprogrammed music" again, just like you suggest.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Which song did you want? I was hoping for Grace to You (I think that's what it's called) :)

      Delete