Tuesday, September 11, 2012

91st birthday!

Yesterday was a whirlwind of excitement and busyness.

After a hectic day at work, I did a quick change and ran 3.29 easy miles around the school just to stay loose. Then I zipped home on my bike for a shower. But first:
Starting to look like fall!!
Next up was a party for Grandma's 91st birthday!!
Kitty themed, thanks to Aunt Cynthia's creativity.
And an ice-cream cake from Aunt Pat:
Giant kitty card:
I'm glad we were all together (most of us, at least), and I hope Grandma had fun. Her dementia makes communication difficult, but she looked good and seemed to be enjoying having people (and kitties!) around.

After family fun and lots of food, Eryn and I scooted over to church for the first handbell choir rehearsal of the season. We shared more food and some music before calling it a night.

If I wasn't so tired by then, I might have remembered to take pictures of the bells baked potato bar. Oh well :)

No comments:

Post a Comment