Friday, August 31, 2012

Oh yeah, I'm ready!

One last shot at a long run before my half marathon in two weeks. And I nailed it!

I got up before 5 a.m. to eat and prep for a couple hours on the road. Then I set out as sunlight was beginning to fill the sky, lighting up the underside of the clouds. Gorgeous.

I felt fairly strong and kept a good pace as I looped through King City and Summerfield.
I only planned to do around 10 miles, but it was too tempting to just keep going. SO... I did 13.11. It took 2:10:52 - that's a 9:59 average.
And that is a 7-minute PR! Oh yeah, I'm ready :)

After having a less-than-stellar Rock 'n' Roll Half, I told myself that I would set aside my goals and just do my next one for fun. But now I'm feeling confident! If I have a good day (which you never really know how things are going to go until you get there), I could have a very strong race!

Speaking of that race...

My outfit for The Giant Race is coming together nicely. Lots of orange and black!
:)

No comments:

Post a Comment