Saturday, August 25, 2012

It was the best of runs, it was the worst of runs

Today is a good day!

We got up at 5 a.m. to go running as soon as the sun came up, planning to do a big loop into King City and Tualatin, logging around 10 miles. BUT... I felt a little barfy. And my legs were crampy. And I was working way too hard.

It wasn't my day, and I threw in the towel after about 3 miles and headed home, telling Brad to go finish on his own.

BUT... then I started to feel better. So I kept going.

And after another 4 miles or so, I was actually feeling good! So I kept going!
I ended up running 11.31 miles in 1:57 - on track to break my half-marathon PR!
I am thrilled! I turned a really crappy run into a really strong run. I feel great and would absolutely have finished off the 13.1 miles if we weren't on a tight schedule this morning.

PLUS... my odometer turned 400 while I was out there doing loops around the neighborhood:
Yippee!!!

Today is a good day :)

No comments:

Post a Comment