Saturday, August 18, 2012

20 miles!

My husband decided to run a marathon in October, and that means some LONG training runs. Today was 20 miles!

Hallelujah... it was cool and cloudy this morning!!!

With all the recent heat, we wanted to make sure to get out early. So we got up at 4 a.m. and drove to the Manning trailhead on the Banks-Vernonia Trail. We were the first people there at 6 a.m., and it was only about 65 degrees as we started together on the first 10 miles.

I know it's not 20, but 10 is a lot! And I was pooped when I finished.
10.2 miles in 1:39, a 9:48 average. I feel so good about that! It was hard work, but I'm very happy with that pace. (I turned it off for a short potty break after about 4 miles and a quick fuel/water break at about 8 miles)
SO thankful that the clouds rolled in as the sun came up. The temp never rose, and the humidity stayed low. Can't express how happy we were about that!!!! 
After a short rest and refuel, I jumped on my bike to go catch Brad, who was doing another 10 on his own.
I caught up just about the time he needed the gel I was carrying, then I followed him back to the car.

He was deliriously happy with his performance. He's doing great, and I'm so proud of his hard work and determination :)
:)

No comments:

Post a Comment