Saturday, July 21, 2012

Now I want a big truck


OK... it was time to move on to the next city on our tour, but before our evening flight, we squeezed in another workout in the fancy gym:
No open treadmills, so I did 20 minutes or so on the elliptical-like thingy.
Then on to the Henry Ford Museum in Dearborn, Mich.:
We didn't have a lot of time, so Dad and Eryn chose to go to the museum itself and Mom and I chose the Ford Rouge Factory Tour.


The observation deck highlighted some Ford history and manufacturing processes...

as well as the company's green practices, including the world's largest living roof:


Next, we went into the factory itself, where they were building F-150s right before our eyes. It was fascinating! We were on an open catwalk above the assembly line, watching the workers piece together F-150s of all configurations (short bed, quad cab, sunroof/no sunroof, red, blue, black, gray, brown)

Unfortunately, photographs were prohibited, so we have no cool pics of the process. But it was great!

Then we got to ogle some old Fords:

I want this one!


Then the big truck:

And for $2, I got to mold my own little F-150:
OK - time to move on to the next stop, Washington, D.C.

Coming in for a landing at Reagan National Airport, the plane tilted just in time for me to snag a picture of the Pentagon:

Next up: D.C. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment