Tuesday, July 10, 2012

A new camera for running with my fam!

Brad got me this camera for Christmas a couple years ago for blogging:
I carry it wherever I go and snap pictures of all the exciting things in my life :)

It's a great camera and has served me very well. But because it's older, it's big and heavy. I've been looking at getting a smaller, lighter version, and when my parents gave me camera-buying money for my birthday, it was time to get serious.

Brad did a ton of research, keeping in mind the few things on my "must-have" list (like a timer button on the back) and came up with this one - on sale at Best Buy!
I charged it up and took it out on my run this morning (another reason I've wanted a smaller camera).

Aunt Kari invited Mom, Eryn and me to join her for a run along the Willamette.
Kari spends many mornings on the waterfront with both daughters now rowing. Jessie (in the blue/green shirt) is doing the learn-to-row camp this summer.
The practice boat:
I was nearing the end of my first loop when the Hawthorne Bridge began lifting for a barge. I decided to turn around instead of waiting but then got stopped again at the Steel Bridge at the other end.
Oh well... a good chance to try out my new camera :)
I eventually made it all the way around and had a nice drink at my favorite Benson Bubbler (though I got tongue tied and called it a Bunson Bebbler!!!)
I kept going and caught up with Eryn, turned around and finished the run with her:
We soon caught up with Mom and Kari:
And there's Jessie and cousin Nicole (also a new rower!) done with practice:
I ended up doing 6.73 miles in 1:05, a 9:40 average. I did the first 5 miles much faster and then slowed to find and then finish with Eryn:
On the way home, Eryn played with the new camera:
YAY! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment