Thursday, July 26, 2012

8 cloudy miles

I love the clouds! I'd choose a cloudy day over a sunny day any time - especially when I'm running!

It was cool(ish) and gray as I set out for a long run this morning. I wore sunglasses just in case the sun poked through, but I made it all the way home long before the clouds broke. Nice :)
With vacation and shorter races the past two weekends, I haven't done a long run in several weeks. With another half marathon in just seven weeks, I figure I need to start upping my mileage again.

So I  decided to try for at least 7, maybe 8 miles. I did a variation on my King City loop and ended up with 8.14 miles, including a walk break at about 4.75 to eat a gel.
8.14 in 1:22:39, a 10:09 average, including my walk break. (not including stopping twice to cross the highway)

It was slow but felt pretty good. The cooler temps helped a lot. I probably could have gone farther, but I was ready to be done.

Tuesday night, Brad and I filled up on homemade veggie burgers (SO GOOD!) and french fries (Brad also ate a bunch of potato chips) and then went out for a run. Urp.
We ran 2 miles to THS, then Brad rested his pukey tummy while I did stadiums for 15 minutes. Then we ran 1 mile home. We averaged 9:00 for all 3 miles.

Another good workout, though we learned that we need a little extra settling time after dinner before lacing up the running shoes :)

No comments:

Post a Comment