Thursday, May 3, 2012

Muffin Wednesday: Peanut Butter Banana Oatmeal

I didn't have a plan for this week's Muffin Wednesday treat, but I grabbed a bunch of ripe bananas and a jar of milk on my way out the door this morning. I knew I would come up with something.

I've already made all the simple banana recipes in "the book," so I took to the Internet for another idea to make with my limited ingredients.

I found Peanut Butter Banana Oatmeal Muffins on Annie's Eats. They looked great, so I gave it a try.
1.5 c flour
1 c oats
1 t baking powder
1/2 t baking soda
1/2 t salt
2 T applesauce (I subbed 1 T oil because I didn't have applesauce at school)
3/4 c light brown sugar
2 large eggs
1 cup mashed banana (about 3 bananas)
6 T peanut butter (recipe suggests creamy but I had chunky)
1 cup low-fat buttermilk (I made sour milk from my jar of non-fat)

Preheat the oven to 350 degree and prepare muffin cups.

In a medium bowl, combine the flour, oats, baking powder, baking soda and salt.  Stir together with a fork to blend.

In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the applesauce (or oil), brown sugar, eggs, banana, peanut butter and buttermilk until smooth.

Pour the dry ingredients into the bowl with the wet ingredients and mix just until incorporated and fully blended.

Divide the batter between the prepared muffin cups and bake 18-20 minutes.  Allow to cool in the pan 5-10 minutes and then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I really liked these muffins! That's one of my favorite flavor combos, and these didn't disappoint.

Ezquiel, who's allergic to peanuts, was really bummed that he couldn't indulge. But the other students all liked them :)

No comments:

Post a Comment