Friday, April 6, 2012

Treat Friday: Inside-Out S'Mores Brownies

Because of missing Monday and playing catchup all week, Muffin Wednesday fell by the wayside.

But I still felt the need to bake, so I gathered the ingredients for Inside-Out S'Mores Brownies, a recipe I spotted in a recent Better Homes and Gardens issue.

It was easy, had few ingredients and was yummy!
  • 1/2 c butter
  • 2 oz unsweetened chocolate, chopped
  • 1 c sugar
  • 2 eggs
  • 1 t vanilla
  • 3/4 c flour
  • 9 honey graham cracker squares
  • 1 c tiny marshmallows

1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a 11x7x1 1/2-inch baking pan with parchment paper or lightly grease the pan. Set pan aside.

2. In a medium saucepan melt the butter and chocolate over low heat. Remove from heat. Stir in sugar, eggs, and vanilla until combined. Stir in flour.

3. Spread half the batter in the prepared pan. Top with graham crackers (divide as needed to evenly top the batter). Sprinkle marshmallows on the graham crackers, but do not let them touch the sides of the pan. Carefully spread the remaining batter on the marshmallows and graham crackers, covering them completely.

4. Bake brownies for 25 minutes or until set. Cool completely on a wire rack. Cut into bars.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I used a pan a bit bigger than called for, so I ran out of batter. The bottom was really thin and the top didn't quite cover. Still, they were good. But I think they would have been REALLY good if I had doubled the brownie batter. I also could have used a brownie mix instead of homemade.

I think the (CE)2 kids loved them, since the whole pan disappeared in about 30 seconds.

YUM :)

No comments:

Post a Comment