Wednesday, April 25, 2012

No-TV Tuesday: leaves, migas & football

Yesterday was ACT testing at THS. I helped check in students first thing in the morning and then basically had a work day to get stuff done. Nice!

After work, Eryn came over to help haul away all the leaves and branches and other fall/winter debris that I've cleaned from my garden beds. It filled the back of Mom and Dad's truck! Thanks for all the help, Eryn - looks awesome!

You always have to feed the helpers, so I made Vegan Migas from The Smart Kitchen Blog for dinner.

(I stole this pic from her Web site)
  • 1 package firm tofu, drained
  • 2 T nutritional yeast
  • 1-2 t ground cumin
  • 1-2 t chili powder
  • salt and pepper
  • 1/2 medium onion, chopped
  • 3-4 cloves garlic, minced
  • 1 3/4 c sliced bell peppers
  • tortilla chips, crushed
  • 1/4 cup unsweetened almond milk (I used soy)
  1. Drain tofu and press between multiple layers of paper towels. Crumble tofu into a small mixing bowl.
  2. Mix tofu with seasonings and set aside.
  3. In a medium frying pan, saute onion, garlic, and bell peppers until softened, adding in a pinch of salt, cumin, and chili powder.
  4. Stir in tofu mixture and cook 1-2 minutes.
  5. Crumble in tortilla chips; mix well.
  6. Pour in milk a little at a time, just until tortilla chips begin to soften.
  7. Cook 3-5 minutes, seasoning as necessary.
  8. Serve warm, with salsa and guacamole. (we topped with sour cream, tomatoes and avocados)

This was so quick and easy - and pretty tasty. Brad thought it was a little heavy on the chili powder, so I would go on the lighter side next time. I thought the toppings really made it. Yum!

Then it was time to get to work on the new THS football Web site for Coach. He wants to debut it next week, so I need to get it as updated and polished as possible.

I'm really having a good time getting back to my Internet roots! But I need to stop staying up until 10 p.m. working on it :)

:)

No comments:

Post a Comment