Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Disneyland: time to go

(Day 1, Day 2, Day 3, Race, Day 4)

After a long day of travel and four days at Disneyland, it was time to go home. Flights were much, much cheaper on Monday, so we headed back then.

We always rent a giant moving truck to transport the students' instruments and luggage to and from the airport and also back and forth to our Disney performances (you can't carry your stuff - instruments and uniforms - through the park. It must meet us back stage).

Dad goes down early to secure the truck and then leaves later after taking everything to the airport. In the rental car, I followed the two buses and truck to John Wayne Airport and circled and circled and circled while they unloaded. After returning the truck, Dad and I had a little time to kill before our evening flight.

First stop: Taco Bell for a potty break.
I'd been eying the new Doritos tacos, and since I was there...
I got beans instead of meat. It was really good! Can't go wrong with Doritos :)

Dad wanted something he couldn't get at home. And that means In-N-Out!
Cheeseburger, fries and Dr Pepper.
Yum!Dad had spotted a Bullwinkles-type place just a couple miles from the airport, so putt-putt it was...
We only had about an hour to play 18 holes, so it was a lightning round.
This grasshopper was 3 inches long! And wouldn't move. I've never seen such a big bug.
Windy!
I got a hole in one on the first hole! And I was totally kicking Dad's butt... on the first 9. Then came the second 9 and the wheels came off. We didn't add up the scores until the end. And I lost by just 2 strokes!
The flight was great, with perfect views of the sun setting on the Cascade mountains. Just gorgeous! I never tire of that view. And after another long day, we finally made it back to PDX, where the rest of the fam was waiting to take us home.

Such a good trip with a great bunch of teens. There were no major problems - they really are good kids.

Thanks to Mom for putting together a great time for everyone :)

The THS band travels on Spring Break every two years... I think I'll start saving so I can go again next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment