Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Um...

Our weekend was so low key and relaxing... just perfect!

It started Friday night with Qdoba and basketball and ended Sunday with cross-country skiing on Mount Hood.

Saturday was spent doing almost nothing. I cuddled up for several hours with my quilt and finished book No. 8. Then I put away a stack of laundry. Then I went for an easy run.

That was my entire plan for the day until Brad's folks called and invited us to meet in Newberg for dinner with Grandma. We're always up for dinner!

We settled on Ixtapa:
Wanna look up my nose??
I usually get the standard veggie burrito and am unhappy with the results. So this time I tried the burritos de espinaca, also vegetarian. It was enormous and also served as my Sunday lunch before skiing.
It was incredibly mild, but when I dumped on a bunch of salsa, it was very good! I'm glad to have a good veggie option at a restaurant I find myself at every once in a while.

Brad ordered the chile relleno and chicken taco combo plate but ended up with something very tasty but not a chile relleno. It was a chile wrapped in cheese and egg. Yum!
As I said before, I have a mild froyo addiction. So of course I suggested that we chase our Mexican food with a sweet treat from Yo Top It, Newberg's frozen-yogurt shop.
We hadn't tried this place before, so it was also an adventure :)

They didn't have tons of flavors, but we all found something.
Cake batter, raspberry and chocolate cake for me. Loved the KitKat bits on top of the cake batter, and the raspberry was very sorbet-like. But the chocolate cake tasted like vomit. Seriously. Nasty!
Brad went with cookies and cream, cake batter and mountain berry... with Nerds!
For Donna... um...
Anyway.............

We took Barbara back to Friendsview and checked out the new elliptical machine in their fitness center. I can't wait for the day Brad and I get to move in to the retirement community!
Just a good weekend :)

No comments:

Post a Comment