Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Valentine's cake pops

My in-laws, who know really well what excites me, gave me a Babycakes Cake Pops Maker for Christmas.
I broke it out today to make Valentine's Day treats for my in-center students.
It came with a little recipe book, and I chose red velvet... of course.

I was excited but also a little nervous that the gadget would let me down. Silly me, I shouldn't have doubted the magic of the cake-pop maker!I mixed the batter, preheated my pop maker, plopped in tablespoons of red goo, latched the lid, set my watch for 4 minutes and returned to perfectly baked balls of cake! It made about 3.5 dozen.
They were tasty fresh from the oven and also cooled and iced with vanilla icing, also from the recipe booklet.Everyone got two bite-sized treats, and I got lots of happy thank yous in return.

I can't wait to try the other recipes, including apple cider doughnut pops!

:)

No comments:

Post a Comment