Wednesday, February 29, 2012

No-TV Tuesday: Veggie Grill & Powell's

Our No-TV Tuesday was a mixed bag of good stuff.

While waiting for Brad to get home from work, I finished No. 7:
Double Take wasn't great. The mystery was good enough, but it wasn't written very well. The dialog reminded me of a bad, B-rate movie. Just kinda corny.

Then we hopped in the car and headed to dinner in Beaverton. We spotted Veggie Grill, which turned out to be a vegetarian restaurant with a good-looking menu.
Brad went with the Chipotle BBQ sandwich with the chili side and I chose the Papa's Portobello with the cabbage slaw.
Brad's had good flavor but really wasn't anything special. And I kinda thought the chili tasted like it came from a can.
My slaw just tasted like cabbage, and my sandwich was pretty blah. The mushroom was watery. I finished it but was not impressed.
We both agreed that we should stick to our beloved Native Foods Cafe.
Then onto the evening's main attraction. It was customer-appreciation night at Powell's. So armed with gift cards and a 30%-off coupon, we loaded up.
On the way out, we spotted Peachwave and had to stop.
Brad was very excited about that cupcake, pomegranate, pineapple combo!
Plus, we scored a free-preview coupon for the new 21 Jump Street. We'll have a full report on that one next week :)

No comments:

Post a Comment