Monday, February 27, 2012

Musical weekend

Brad was at a weekend-long first-aid class at Silver Falls State Park, and I didn't have many plans, other than getting stuff done at home, going on a long run and attending a couple musical performances.

After running 9 miles in the snow, I picked up Dad and Eryn and drove to Liberty High School to see the THS Winter Drum Line compete. (Mom is the director)

Their show, Iron Chef Drum Line, was really entertaining - and very well done!
They took first place in preliminary competition and in finals competition later that night! Nice job, kids!!!!!!

Then we went out to lunch at nearby Noodles & Company with friends Lynn and Clarke. None of us had ever tried the chain, but the "mac & cheese all grown up" sounded intriguing.
The menu had lots of yummy options, and Eryn and I decided to share a small Wisconsin Mac & Cheese with a Cucumber Tomato salad and a Veggie Med Sandwich.
I really loved the sandwich, especially the "zippy Med dressing". I would definitely get that one again.

Mom had to get back to work, but Dad and Eryn came over to watch Inception on our big screen. It was their first time viewing the mind-bending flick. I think it was my third or fourth, and I still picked up on different things.

And I still believe that's the best movie ending ever.

Sunday was early service at church and then some quick errands before heading home to finish cleaning the house.

At 3 p.m., Mom's own band, Tualatin Valley Community Band, was holding a concert at Rolling Hills Community Church.
It was a very nice show, especially Russian Christmas Music. I loved Mom's timpani triplets at the end!

Brad came home just in time for dinner... ravioli and fruit salad.

It was so nice to just relax and enjoy the weekend... and listen to some great music :)

No comments:

Post a Comment