Saturday, February 25, 2012

9 miles of snow and rainbows

I am soaked to the bone but very happy with my run!
It was the ultimate mixed bag today on my 9 miler... sun, rain, wind and snow. And then a big rainbow appeared... excellent!

Fortunately, I have some concrete afternoon plans, so despite waking up to pouring rain outside my window and forecasters calling for snow, I knew I had to get out and pound out my long run. No procrastinating on this one.

The rain ceased and the sun peeked out around 9 a.m., so I threw on my gear and headed out before I lost my nerve.

There are two retirement/golf communities in my town. I frequently run through Summerfield but decided to give King City a try today. I'm so glad I did.

I had a great route, exploring new streets and running some gradual ups and downs. Plus, King City and Summerfield have very little traffic - it's so nice!

I ran comfortably and with a smile on my face as the weather kept changing. 9.06 miles in 1:28 - that's a 9:49-minute-mile average. I feel SO good about that!
I think I definitely could have gone a couple more miles at that pace.
I carried water and a Clif Shot that I sucked down around mile 5 as I waited to cross Highway 99. The chocolate cherry was yummy, but I still prefer my own homemade concoction.

I also wore my compression sleeves. I've used them on a couple long runs and think they really help. My legs felt great the whole time. Plus, they look super sexy!
DB, sporting his St. Patrick's Day hat and tie, smiled at me as I stretched and took post-run photos. He's such a good bear.
My hot chocolate has been consumed, my blog is updated and my knee is iced. Time to hit the shower and get on with my Saturday.

:)

No comments:

Post a Comment