Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Muffin Wednesday: Peanut Butter Banana

Honestly, I thought we'd have a snow day today so I did not plan for Muffin Wednesday. Unfortunately, the snow came down hard overnight but turned to rain before school time. Major bummer.

Fortunately, we had a couple brown bananas at home, so I brought those in and flipped through the book for a recipe that I could throw together with standard ingredients.
How about Peanut Butter Banana? Sounds promising. And for extra fun, I added chocolate chips.
2 c flour
1/2 c packed brown sugar
1 T baking powder
1/4 t salt
1/2 c peanut butter
2 T oil
2 eggs
3/4 c milk
2 medium bananas, mashed
(I added some chocolate chips)

Preheat oven to 400 degrees and grease or line muffin tin

1. In a large bowl, combine flour, brown sugar, baking powder and salt.

2. In another bowl, combine PB, oil, eggs, milk and mashed bananas. Add to flour mixture and stir just until moistened and blended. Fold in chocolate chips.

3. Spoon batter evenly into prepared muffin tin. Bake for 20 minutes or until done.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
These were very good. They were simple but were tasty. The peanut butter and banana were subtle. Plus, the added choco chips maybe covered the other flavors a bit.

Everyone liked them, giving me lots of smiles and thumbs up.

"I could eat a thousand of those," Jake said :)

Since it was supposed to be a snow day (and was for many other schools in our region!), I used snowmen cups!
Not sure if my students noticed, but the tiny snowmen made me smile :)

1 comment:

  1. Just made these - YUM! Thanks for sharing your recipe....it's a keeper :)

    ReplyDelete