Monday, January 2, 2012

5K + 5K = New Year's fun

Last year we celebrated the New Year by saving our race fee and having our own 5K at home.

We decided to do it again but wanted to up the ante. How about a 10K instead - 5K before midnight and 5K after midnight? PERFECT!

Eryn, Mom, Dad, Brad and I set out at 11:15 p.m. for our first loop. It was mild - dry and about 40 degrees. The runners got back to the house just in time to see the ball drop. Happy New Year!

Brad ran earlier in the day, and after 10 miles, his foot was hurting. So he showered and went to bed as Eryn and I left for our second 5K.
We spotted the walkers part way through our second loop. We all made it back to the house about the same time, Mom and Dad completing about 5 miles to our 6.43.
It was 1:15 a.m. and I was wide awake. So I suggested a game of May I.
Of course, Dad won. Second place for me!
After kicking out my family, I finally showered and crawled into bed about 3:30 a.m.

What a great way to start 2012! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment