Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Muffin Wednesday: Breakfast Special Banana Chip

Flipping through the book, trying to decide what to make this week. Settled on "Breakfast Special Banana Chip Muffins" when I realized I could use up some leftover ingredients. Yippee!
So I put on my faithful Mickey Mouse apron and got to work.
1/4 c sugar
1/4 c vegetable oil
1 c mashed bananas
1 egg
1 t vanilla
1/2 c all-bran cereal (I used crushed bran flakes)
1/2 c flour
1/2 c whole wheat flour
1 t baking powder
1 t baking soda
1/2 t salt
1/2 c chocolate chips

Preheat oven to 375 degrees and grease or line a muffin tin.

1. In a bowl, combine sugar, oil, bananas, egg, vanilla an cereal. Let stand for 5 minutes.

2. In another bowl, combine the flours, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Add to the bran mixture, stirring just until blended. Fold in the chocolate chips.

3. Spoon the batter into the prepared muffin tin, filling three-quarters full. Bake for 20-25 minutes. (mine were done after 20 minutes)

~~~~~~~
I doubled the recipe and made 24 muffins. I was nervous after I tasted the batter and didn't like it. BUT... they turned out great!
Students and staff enjoyed the treat, helping themselves to seconds. Cherese gave me a big thumbs up :)

Happy Wednesday!

No comments:

Post a Comment