Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Hot pants

Scored some new running tights last week at Marshalls for just $10! I tried them out to run a couple miles this afternoon. I like the way they are thicker and a bit snugger than my other pairs. Like a hug for my legs and butt.
But that thicker fabric turned out to be way too hot for the temp outside. I almost stopped to pull them up above my knees. That would have been cute.

Fortunately, I just did 3 miles, so I handled the discomfort. And those 3 miles mean I have just 13.31 miles to go for 2011! WOOHOO!

I didn't set out to run fast, but I almost broke a 9-minute mile for a 5K. I wish I would have realized how close I was... I would have gone a little longer and pushed it.
A very festive DB (Door Bear) was waiting for me when I got home:
I love that guy!

And now I'm icing my trick knee while sipping my recovery hot chocolate milk from this awesome new mug... a gift from my friends the Goodfellows. Do they know me or what?? Thanks, friends!
:)

No comments:

Post a Comment